This is so much better than the out-of-the-box stuff! The pine nuts, Italian turkey sausage and fennel give this stuffing unique flavor and texture.
1 large fennel bulb, trimmed & quartered
1 small yellow onion, quartered
4 med cloves garlic
1 1-pound loaf day-old Italian bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (or use cubed stuffing bread)
1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 tbsp butter
16 oz cooked Italian Turkey sausage, casings removed
1 tsp dried oregano
11⁄2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp sea salt
1⁄2 tsp ground black pepper
1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Use non-stick spray to coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish, set aside.
- Add fennel, onion, and garlic to WildSide+ jar and cover with water.
- Secure lid and press "Pulse" 5-7 times to chop the vegetables. Drain water and set aside.
- Place the bread and pine nuts in baking dish and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook sausage until browned, breaking it up into smaller pieces.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove cooked sausage and place sausage atop bread and pine nuts.
- Add butter to sausage fat and melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped vegetables, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-highand and continue to stir for 2 minutes. Add 2 tbsp of chicken broth, if needed.
- Pour cooked vegetables over sausage and bread.
- Add the broth, eggs, and parmesan cheese to WildSide+ jar and "Pulse" until combined. Pour over bread & sausage mix and stir until evenly moistened.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, about 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.12
- Servings 17.0
- Sodium 620 mg Serving Size 1/2 cu
- Fiber 2 g Sugar 2 gSaturated Fat 3 g Protein 9 gCholesterol 40 mgFat 9 gCalories 190 Carbohydrates 17 g